MC 5HD Vibration Transmitter
The MC5 monitor lets you measure mechanical vibrations. It’s 4-20 mA output works as a signal transmitter for PLCs or DCS. With 2 additional relay outputs of Caution and Warning you can use it as a low-cost monitor and great versatility. It has a frontal display where it shows the vibration in Real Time and also the relays state.
- Mounting type: Deutsches Institut fur Normung (DIN)
- Low Cost and High Performance
- Output 4-20mA – Output Voltage 0-10V
- Double relay (Alarm/shut off)
- Sensor failed indication
- On-Line vibration indication
- Ascending/Descending level indication
- Easy Programming
- Universal power supply AC/DC
- 2 wire Power Supply > 16V
- 4-line LCD Display
- Removable Display front for safety
- Short circuit detection
- Approval Ex / I.S. FM, applicable in Class I, Div. 2, Group A, B, C, D Class I, Div. 2, Group IIC Zone 2 Maritime certified
- Det Norske Veritas, Ships & Offshore Standard for Certification No. 2.4 Approval GOST R
Alarm Threshold Setting
While measuring vibration you can set both the Caution and Warning thresholds. When this limit is surpassed you can trigger sound or light emitting alarms, independently, as well as a contactor that could trigger a protection to stop the machine being monitored
You can configure relays in 6 different ways:
- Milestone: As the limit is reached the relay activates
- Window: You set a low and a high value. Exceeding both limits, the relay behaves the same.
- Sensor error: Relay is activated by an error in reading the sensor.
- Power Supply: Relay is activated any time that power is feeding the Module
- Disconnected: Relay is in the off state (disengaged)
- Delay: You can configure a delay from 0 to 3600 sec. Either in the activation or deactivation of the relay.
- Hysteresis: You can configure it in between 0,1 to 25% of the input range or in between 1 and 2999 counts.
MC 5 Measuring Module
|Input||CTC PRO vibration type sensor (included)|
|Type||RMS or 0-Peak|
|Variable||Acceleration or Velocity|
|Measurement Range||0.5, 1 and 2 IPS or 10 and 20 mm/s|
|Output||4-20 mA proportional to scale.|
|Frequency Response||Acceleration 1 Hz to 10,000 Hz,
Velocity 1 Hz to 1,000 Hz and 3 Hz to 2,500 Hz
|Operating Temperature||-32°C to + 80°C|
|Relative Humidity||0 – 95 % non-condensing.|
|Sensor encasing||Stainless steel 316L|
|Sensor Mounting||Thread 1/4 28UNF|
|Sensor Temperature||-50 to 121 °C|